Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Funday

It's only until recently that I began to truly enjoy Sundays.  I think it's because I found out about brunch.  Now, as if it weren't enough of a devastating, kick-to-the-face blow when Vickery's downtown closed, and I wasn't able to stumble to a friends place after mimosas, I must say that I was disappointed once again today by my meal at brunch.  


One might say that I should be well-prepared for disappointment by ordering a side of french fries from a mexican restaurant.  However, my friends and I chose to eat at Santi's, which well-exceeds any other mexican establishment in which I've dined.  My expectations are just that much higher that I can no longer walk into La Hacienda King Street and deal with 16 year old girls drinking margarita pitchers which likely have one shot of tequila in them.  And did I mention the smell of lost, old, gym socks?  Anyway, back to Santi's.  So the young gay man who brought us our food hands me my side of fries.. and much to my disbelief, the fancy wax paper and basket of fries looked like the leftover french fries that you would bring home from Applebee's as a kid.  There were about 10-15 fries total, all of them unseasoned, and a little less than fully cooked.  


Our food runner was wearing this outfit

This is what I expected

No comments:

Post a Comment